CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE
EVALUATION OF A PROJECT; AMPLIFYING WOMEN’S VOICES ON PEACE, SECURITY AND JUSTICE IN KARAMOJA
Center for Conflict Resolution (CECORE) in partnership with Saferworld is implementing a project entitled “Amplifying Women’s Voices on Peace, Security and Justice in Karamoja”. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the promotion of the rights of marginalised women and children for the realisation of inclusive peace, security and justice in conflict affected communities in the Karamoja region. The project is funded by the European Union Delegation to Uganda. The projected action’s target is 12,000 (7,000 females: 5,000 males) direct beneficiaries. It is implemented in 3 selected districts – Kaabong, Moroto and Amudat in Karamoja sub region -North eastern Uganda.
This action i addressing the human rights concerns of vulnerable and marginalised women and children affected by conflict, insecurity and injustices in the districts of Moroto, Amudat and Kaabong. Some of the issues that affecting the targeted women and children include sexual and gender based violence (SGBV), unequal control of and access to natural resources, limited participation in decision making processes, forced marriages, female genital mutilation, and child labour. Limited opportunities, spaces and platforms for communities (particularly women) to regularly engage with the duty-bearers at local and national levels, and the private sector, on issues relating to human rights violations, conflict, security and justice. Limited capacity among community members especially women to claim their rights, especially women who are often denied the right to participate in democratic and peace processes, carry out conflict analysis and resolution, rights-based approaches, gender sensitivity, advocacy, networking and coordination. Communities (including women) also have limited knowledge and understanding of their rights, relevant laws and policies and conflict dynamics. With the intervention, however, these women and girls have become the change agents in their communities, are leading in transforming the attitudes of their peers in the community through music, dance and drama in form of outreaches to the community, occasions among others
II. MAIN TASKS AND DELIVERABLES
Purpose of the consultancy:
To conduct an evaluation of the “Amplifying Women’s Voices on Peace, Security and Justice in Karamoja” project in Kaabong, Moroto and Amudat districts. The exercise is intended to determine quantitatively and qualitatively impact of the action in relation to the project objectives.
It is also intended at drawing learnings for possible scale-up and implementation of peacebuilding interventions by CECORE/Saferworld and other actors.
III. SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT AND KEY DELIVERABLES
Geographically, the evaluation will focus on the districts under project implementation i.e. Kaabong, Moroto and Amudat. Thematically, it will focus on women, children (the girl-child) and male beneficiaries in terms of Peace, Security and Justice in Karamoja. The reporting format shall include the project relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability.
The assignment will include but not limited to the following:
1. A proposal (inception report) detailing the understanding of the assignment, experience in evaluation related work, previous similar work done, methodology/approach (including approach for field study), expected costs for the task, etc
2. A short planning meeting with CECORE staff, obtaining of necessary documents, agreement of methodology
2. Conducting of Field study in Kaabong, Moroto and Amudat districts
3. Producing a draft report
4. Obtaining feedback from CECORE and Saferworld
5. Incorporating the comments into the report
6. Producing a final report
7. Producing a summary of the findings – highlighting key statistics (preferably in infographic format), achievements attributed to the project, best practices, lessons learnt, and recommendations – including for implementation of similar projects).
IV. TIME FRAME
It is anticipated that the assignment will be completed within a total of eight to ten (8-10) working days. All work must be completed by August 31, 2020.
V. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· A Masters degree - preferably in monitoring and evaluation, peace and conflict transformation, project management, women and children or related field. Or related qualifications for lead consultant in case of organisation
· Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated relevant experience in the area of peacebuilding and conflict prevention, project implementation and monitoring and evaluation
· Knowledge of the contextual dynamics of women, girls and conflict issues in Uganda
· A good understanding of women rights, gender, conflict sensitive issues in peacebuilding is required
· Excellent analytical and writing skills
· A combination of peacebuilding, project management is highly preferable
VI. EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Interested and competent consultancy firms or individuals are encouraged to submit their expression of interest.
The expression of interest should be submitted to the Executive Director - Center for Conflict Resolution (CECORE) via email not later than August 03, 2020:
 In this project, vulnerable women refer to: Persons Living with HIV/AIDS, widows, the elderly, and Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) who are susceptible to shocks like climate change, sexual and gender based violence,, rights violations, and harmful cultural practices that deny them their right to dignity.
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.